Everyone gets stressed from time to time, whether that is just a little bit, or A LOT, but there are many different things you can do to help relieve and control the stresses of life.
Self-care is one of the up-most important things, for some reason, all of our brains are wired for us to believe that if we look after ourselves, it is selfish.
Actually… to look after yourself is probably the most unselfish thing you could do! If you are happy, the people around you feel happy too, smiles are contagious, spend it like wildfire!
Everyone gets wrapped up in making sure everyone else is happy, we often forget about the most important person, ourselves, because if you’re not happy, how do you expect the people around you to be happy?
They want you to be happy just as much as you want them to be happy!
Here are a few different things you could try to help relieve some stress from your life;
- Go for a walk
- Go to the park & enjoy nature
- Put on some uplifting music and dance like no-one is watching!
- Curl up with a hot cup of something
- Get a massage
- Cook a new dish
- Meet up with a friend
- Write an entry in your journal about how awesome you are
- Clean your environment
- Find something to be thankful for
- Take a bath, even add some essential oils!
- Buy yourself some flowers or pick some from the garden
- Indulge in your favourite treat
- Read a book or magazine
- Get pampered
- Spend time with your pets, stroking your pet has been proven to release stress & tensions
- Do something artistic (paint, draw, colour, create!)
- Take yourself on a date
- Watch your favourite movie
- Allow yourself too day dream for 10 minutes
- Use visualisation techniques
- Evoke a good memory from looking at something like a photograph
- Sit outside and enjoy the sounds, even just open the window if its raining & just listen
- Listen to your favourite piece of music – personally, Bob Marley – Don’t worry, be happy, is always a winner for a good mood!
- Listen to some relaxing sounds
- Listen to a motivational recording
- Use a relaxation CD
- Listen to a radio programme with your eyes closed
- Chat with someone who listens
- Chew a piece of gum
- Breathing exercises
- Eat a piece of dark chocolate
- Repeat your affirmations out loud & proud! – I am good enough, I am worthy, I am confident!
- Burn some aromatherapy oils or use essential oils and a diffuser
- Enjoy some scented candles
- Do some baking
- Enjoy outdoors smells
- Use a stress ball
- Wear warm clothing
- Play a musical instrument
- Use healing crystals
- Practice Yoga or Pilates
- Look up at the stars – my personal favourite!
I hope you can take at least one thing from this list to help you relieve some stress from your life and to start caring for yourself!